I born in Luxembourg (EU) in 1971. After my first diploma in 1990, I was employed as an analytical chemist in a wine factory until 1994 while studying chemistry at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Bari. In 1996, I received the degree (cum laude) in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technology at the University of Bari and, in 2001 the Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences at the same University under the supervision of Prof. Saverio Florio. In 1999 I have been a Visiting Scholar to the Roger Adams Lab. at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the group of Prof. Peter Beak working on organolithium-mediated stereoselective syntheses. In 2001 I was appointed Assistant Professor at the University of Bari and in 2005 promoted Associate Professor of Organic Chemistry at the same University. In 2020 I was appointed full Professor of Organic Chemistry.
2000 –PhD in Chemical Sciences at the University of Bari “A. Moro” (Mentor: Prof. S. Florio);
1996 – Degree (summa cum laude) in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technology at the University of Bari “A. Moro” (Mentor: Prof. S. Florio);
2020-present - Full Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Bari “A. Moro”.
2005-2019 – Associate Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Bari “A. Moro”.
2012 – Visiting Professor at the University of Manchester – England (host professor, Jonathan Clayden).
2012 – Visiting Professor, at Brown University – USA (host professor, Paul Williard).
2011 – Visiting Professor at the University of Charlotte – USA (host professor, Craig Ogle).
2001-2005 – Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Bari “A. Moro”.
2001 – Research fellow at the University of Bari with consortium CINMPIS.
1998-1999 – Visiting Scholar at the Roger Adams Lab (School of Chemical Sciences) University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign (Advisor Prof. P. Beak).
1996-1997 – Instructor Officer at the National School of Artillery in Bracciano (Rome).
1990-1994 –Employedasanalytical chemist in wine quality assurance.
Dr. James Bull (Imperial College London, UK); Prof. Oliver Kapper (University of Graz, Austria) Prof. Jonathan Clayden (University of Bristol, England); Prof. J.-ichi Yoshida, Prof Aiichiro Nagaki (Kyoto University, Japan); Prof. Paul Williard (Brown University, RI - USA); Prof. Craig Ogle (University of Charlotte, NC - USA); Dr. Daniele Castagnolo (University of Newcastle, England); Prof. Ugo Azzena, Dr. Luisa Pisano (University of Sassari, Italy); Prof. Giuseppe Romanazzi (Dicatech – Polytechnic of Bari, Italy); Dr. A. Altomare, (Institute of Crystallography, IC-CNR, Bari, Italy), Prof. Wolfgang Holzer (University of Vienna), Prof. Vittorio Pace (University of Vienna); Belen Cid (UAM, Madrid, Spain); Prof. D. Kim (POSTECH, Poyang, Korea).
- Italian Chemical Society (since 1996);
-The Royal Society of Chemistry (since 2011)
-Flow chemistry society (2013)
- Co-editor of "Lithium Compounds in Organic Synthesis – From Fundamentals to Applications"; Publisher: Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Germany.
- Department Service: Safety Committee (since 2007).
- Department Service: Member of the Advisory body (since 2007).
- Board of the Master course “REACH Regulation and CLP” activated by the University of Bari “A. Moro” (since 2011).
- Board of the Doctorate School in “Chemical and Molecular Sciences”.
- Founder and board of directors of the academic spin-off "SYNCHIMIA Materials & Nanomaterials" of the University of Bari active in the preparation of innovative material and nanomaterial useful for photonics and electronics, (chiral nonracemic products of pharmaceutical, biological and agrochemical interest, heterocyclic compounds and pheromones traps.